The activities developed by Partenalia are addressed to fulfil its main objective:
To develop European territorial cooperation with the aim of improving local and European policies addressed to the local level in benefit of the citizens.
This main goal is divided into 3 specific objectives:
- To foster the exchange and mutual learning of local policies, tools and methodologies related to areas of a common interest for the members.
- To defend the participation of Local intermediate governments in the decision-making processes for shaping EU, regional and local policies; in particular regarding their funding and management systems.
- To encourage the participation of the members in projects financed by EU funds.
Using as a tool its three specific thematic areas, Partenalia offers to its members the following activities:
- Promotion of tailor made tools for the exchange of working methodologies.
- Bank of best practices and experience for the members.
- Transnational conferences and thematic seminars on relevant topics for the members, including the participation of European, national and local experts.
- Organization of study visits among the members of the association.
- Representation in Brussels of the interests of the Local intermediate governments.
- Assistance for the relations between the members and the European institutions.
- Follow-up of the latest European news; analysis and selection of most relevant issues in relation to the competences and priorities of the members.
- Cooperation with other networks and associations.
Joint European projects
- Early warning and indetification of calls for proposals and financing lines
- Technical assistance for the preparation of European projects in the framework of Partenalia.
- Platform for searching partners.
- Specific training in European affairs.
Album Partenalia's activities